Join us for lunch and talks! Let’s listen, learn, and strengthen our teams together.
At thoughtbot, we value giving back to the community and growing as developers and designers. We’re also passionate about what we do, and want to share our passion with others. We’ve introduced lunch-and-learns as a means to accomplish this.
Our goals with lunch-and-learn events are many:
- build relationships between thoughtbot and other local companies who share a passion for technology
- provide a way for people new to speaking an opportunity to present to a group of peers
- ensure an inclusive environment for those who have obligations outside work (read: life!) by hosting events during lunch
- expose our collective teams to new technologies or ways of thinking
- 11:55am guests arrive
- 12:00 - 12:20pm lunch
- 12:20 - 12:40pm first speaker presents
- 12:40 - 1:00pm second speaker presents
- thoughtbot hosts the event at our office and provides lunch for all our guests.
- Both thoughtbot and guest company provide a speaker to talk about the topic of their choice.
- Talks should last between 15 and 20 minutes, inclusive of time for any questions.
Talks can be on any industry-related topic you’d like. Past examples of talks include “An Introduction to Elm”, “Buzzword-driven Development”, “Go and IoT”, and “Parsing and ASTs in Ruby”. We love talks on pet-projects, new programming languages, or solving a very specific problem with a neat approach.