View all of our openings
Recruiting & Onboarding Specialist in Boston
thoughtbot is growing and seeking a full time Recruiting and Onboarding Specialist to help grow and support our team. In this role, you will focus on ensuring we reach our hiring targets for the year by coordinating the recruiting process and ensuring a stellar experience for all applicants and new hires. Additionally, you take on a variety of other administrative people operations tasks.
- Review incoming candidates and source additional qualified candidates to add to the queue.
- Ensure candidates move through the queue quickly and our ATS is up to date.
- Schedule interviews with candidates and the thoughtbot team, arrange travel for out of town applicants, and follow up on collecting feedback on candidates.
- Assist with posting open positions and keeping job postings up to date.
- Work to improve our recruitment and hiring practices, towards our goal of eliminating bias.
- Participate in job fairs and other recruitment events.
- Keep the hiring section of our handbook up-to-date.
General People Operations tasks:
- Work to improve our onboarding process for new hires.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding employees and maintaining our HRIS.
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintain I-9 records.
- Respond to routine inquiries from from teammates relating to general HR policies, benefits, processes and systems.
- Resolve employee issues related to benefit plans.
- Keep benefits and policies up-to-date in our handbook.
- Assist in people operations projects, such as: benefits open enrollment, employee surveys, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For this role, we are looking for excellent communication and analytical skills, decisiveness, and attention to detail.
- Prior people operations, HR, customer service, administrative or related work experience.
- Proficiency with Google apps (Gmail, Gcal, Gdocs, Gdrive) required. Familiarity with collaboration and document-sharing technology helpful (Slack, Dropbox, Basecamp, etc).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience practicing discretion and judgment when handling sensitive information.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Our goal is to provide ourselves with the best possible benefits, tools to use, and environments to work in while staying sustainable. We've shared the full details of all our benefits here.
Apply for this position
thoughtbot does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.