View all of our openings
Local Marketing Specialist in New York
As thoughtbot NYC continues to grow and take on exciting new client work, it has become increasingly evident that we need a talented Marketing Specialist to join us and support the team!
thoughtbot is a global product design and development consultancy with local presence (at the time of writing - 6 local studios to be exact). As a Marketing Specialist, you will enjoy support and mentorship from the VP of Marketing in Boston while leading and executing local marketing activities to meet the unique needs of the NYC team.
A few of the core areas you will support include:
- Community building and events - identify opportunities for us to participate in (or host!) events that connect us with clients, potential clients, fellow product leaders, as well as give back to the community.
- Writing and communications - help thoughtbot NYC share their story and offering to the market through blog posts, case studies, social media, and other media.
- Business development - help ensure a healthy pipeline of prospective clients by identifying and building great relationships with folks who match our ideal personas.
We value work life balance and working at a sustainable pace. There are many marketing opportunities for you to work on in this role that will fall outside the regular 9-5, such as meetups and evening events. When those occur, you’ll adjust your hours so that you are still working at a sustainable, 40 hour per week pace.
- Self-motivated and continuous learner
- Have relevant marketing or sales experience
- Enjoy attending meetups and networking
- Are organized and experienced with project management
- Consider yourself a strong communicator and storyteller
- Understand basic marketing and sales analytics
- Eager to grow professionally through mentorship and doing
- Are passionate about great products and how they can improve our lives
It would be great if you have any prior experience:
- Working alongside engineering teams
- Crafting content and managing distribution
We work with companies of all stages to help identify and solve problems. At thoughtbot, we’re involved in every step of the process. We lead and participate in product design sprints, create high-quality apps, and then deploy them. We use the latest technologies and are always ready to try new methods on both internal and client projects. Read more about how we work in our Playbook.
We believe there is always a better way to do our work, and we want to find it and share it with as many people as possible. We maintain an inclusive environment where we can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work. Read more about our Purpose and Values.
Our goal is to provide ourselves with the best possible benefits, tools to use, and environments to work in while staying sustainable. We've shared the full details of all our benefits here.
Apply for this position
thoughtbot does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.