Rather than spending our surplus on gold rings, hookers, and fur coats, we’ve been keeping the pressure on. Over the last 3 months we’ve released 5 new products, services, or open source projects. I figured we’d take a moment to remind you of them. Consider this a clip show of GRSIOGR.
- We launched a new t-shirt store, Tee-Bot. The store currently features 3 Ruby on Rails inspired shirts, and we plan on releasing more soon. To check it out, visit the store.
- We released widgetfinger, a simple content management system for simple websites. Widgetfinger isn’t just a CMS, its a complete hosted service for design firms, so they no longer have to deal with the annoyance of maintaining their own server or separate hosting accounts. Find out more and get started at the widgetfinger website.
- We released factory_bot, a fixture replacement library that follows the Factory pattern. The response to factory_bot has been extremely positive, and we’ve had great success in converting our existing apps over, either replacing custom factory code, or completely replacing fixtures. For more information, go to our factory_bot page.
- We announced our new service, Rails Training. We’ll be kicking it off with a session at Lone Star Ruby Conference, and then quickly following it up with our Advanced Ruby on Rails session in Boston on October 14th. For more information, and to register, go the our Ruby on Rails training page
- We launched Hoptoad, the hosted exception catcher. A replacement for exception_notification, Hoptoad sends all your exceptions to a centralized service, detects duplicates, and only notifies you about new, unique errors. We followed that up with updates that included an API and Open ID authentication. To start riding the toad yourself, visit the Hoptoad website.
All this while presenting at RailsConf, making updates to shoulda, paperclip, squirrel, and jester, doing excellent work for our clients, keeping a 40 hour work week, and just generally getting the job done.
We’ve got a great team, and I appreciate everyone’s work with everything we’ve accomplished.