Everything about how we design a mobile application has to be in the context
of that idea. It raises questions like:
- Are they moving?
- Are they relaxed on a couch?
- How dexterous are their fingers?
We try to start with the most usable platform first. If the device needs the
camera, calendar, or address book, a "native" app like an iPhone or iPad app
may be the right choice.
For other products, especially content-only products such as text, images,
videos, and landing pages, a mobile web app makes sense because:
- All modern smartphones can render HTML.
- Bourbon and
Neat make "responsive" designs easy to
- We can create and iterate quickly.
- We can deploy new versions multiple times a day.