I am very proud to live in San Diego and we have a few amazing events and conferences coming up this fall. We have beach, tacos, animals AND super fun and enlightening networking events.
San Diego Start Up Week, October 25th - 28th
- Start Up Week is a going to be an inspiring few days of networking, mentorship, pitch competitions & startup expos. San Diego has an incredible startup and tech ecosystem and I’m excited to hang out with the Start Up SD founders, would-be founders and other startup aficionados in the community.
7CTOs 0111 Conference, November 1st - 2nd
- I heard about this event from Etienne de Bruin and am looking forward to meeting peers, learning about trends, and refining my leadership skills. It’s also at a super fun hotel and there’s going to be so much good tacos and fun times.
Ruby Conf, November 13th - 15th
- For me I’m very proud to be welcoming fellow thoughtbotters, long-time friends from the Ruby community, and new people to San Diego for this event. We have two speakers from thoughtbot - Joël Quenneville on “Which time is it?” and Aji Slater with “Unbreakable Code that Broke WWII”. We’re also proud to sponsor the conference this year so I am scheming on how to have fun at our vendor booth and beyond! Stay tuned for more details.
- If you’re looking to grow in your career as a developer or looking to meet some amazing talent, this is going to be a great event. My friend from San Diego Conference Photography will be capturing the best moments of the conference and providing professional headshots.
- Snorkel with baby leopard sharks - my understanding is that you can pay for a tour or you can just rent snorkeling equipment and go out and see them. It’s near the end of the season but there will probably be quite a few sharks swimming around La Jolla Cove. La Jolla Cove is interesting just to walk around and see the Sea Lions everywhere. You’ll also get to hear AND smell them clearly!
- Bouldering / hiking Mt Woodson - if you google “Potato Chip Rock” and San Diego you’ll see the epic pictures people take from this rock. It’s a strenuous hike but beautiful and you get a 360 view from the ocean to the mountains at the top. Bonus if you’re a climber we can stop and boulder a long the way up.
- Karaoke rooms and the convoy district - I’ve heard this is the place to go, but there are multiple karaoke options
- Pride Plaza in Hillcrest - historic LGBTQ+ district often has events going on with great restaurants as well
- Encinitas - top 50 places to travel in 2023, a classic small California beach town, with award winning food, beaches, and a Zen meditation garden + birthplace of yoga in the United States.