thoughtbot partners with organisations of all sizes to design, develop, and grow their software-based products and services.
Product management brings together these critical elements: business understanding, user experience, customer success, team management, and technical delivery.
This position is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere in the Americas in GMT-3 to GMT-10 time zones.
Salary and benefits vary by location and country. The US salary range for this role is: $105,000- $130,000.
As a product manager, you will:
- Collaborate with clients and thoughtbot designers to define and clarify product vision
- Establish and continually adjust a product roadmap
- Align product design and development to the business needs of the client
- Support clients and team members through advising, Agile project management, and regular communication with all stakeholders
- Ensure customer success through the lifecycle of the project, including helping with team onboarding, project delivery and offboarding.
- Define customer-centred KPIs
- Establish best practices around product management process & culture, including upskilling client teams
- Collaborate with designers and clients to conduct and provide insights from customer and stakeholder interviews
- Establish quantitative and qualitative feedback mechanisms to measure and improve product performance.
- Assist Directors to build product management services, frameworks, and best practices for thoughtbot
- Assist Business Development on sales and scoping sessions
- Bolster thoughtbot’s industry reputation through workshops, and curriculum development related to product management
- Build relationships with partners that can enhance our product management services
- Escalate delivery or commercial risks on client projects to the Managing Director
We believe that it is possible to continuously learn and improve the way people work while building higher-quality products that make positive contributions to the world. We work with companies in every step of the product development and maintenance process to help identify and solve problems. We lead and participate in product design sprints, build high-quality apps, and then deploy them.
We proactively work on improving diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at thoughtbot. We aim to maintain an inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work. Read about our DEI efforts in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section of our Playbook. We acknowledge that DEI work is never done, and that we will make mistakes along the way. We are continuously working on learning, improving ourselves, and the company.
As a member of thoughtbot, you’ll be part of our distributed remote community. We’re continuously working to assure remote work is inclusive, collaborative, comfortable, and social.
Want to dig deeper? Read more about our Purpose and Values, and how we work in our Playbook.
thoughtbot Product Managers are able to lead and manage the rapid design and development of high-quality, test-driven applications.
Well-qualified candidates will know:
- How to conduct market/user research
- How to analyze market research to identify business opportunities and create product strategy
- How to translate product strategy into more detailed requirements
- How to validate product ideas with prototypes and usability testing
- How to lead and facilitate product design sprints,
- How to manage scope to keep a project on time and on budget
- The major trends in software design, development and business thinking
Very well-qualified candidates will also have experience with consulting, and a proven track record of attracting potential customers.
Well-qualified candidates value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
We especially appreciate candidates that demonstrate commitment to valuing DEI and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. We also understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to commit to this work, and that's okay.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements. Let us know if you need any specific accommodations during the interview process.
thoughtbot cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Our goal is to provide ourselves with the best possible benefits, tools to use, and environments to work in while staying sustainable. We've shared the full details of all our benefits here.