We’ve spent 19 years building great software with distributed teams—for ourselves, clients and the industry. Along the way, we’ve developed best-in-class practices to manage scope, parallelize work and collaborate asynchronously.
Teams often sequence work like cars at rush hour, and then find themselves moving slowly or waiting on work ahead of them to ship. Your key to remote success is the ability to scope and parallelize work, unlocking an order-of-magnitude leap in productivity.
thoughtbot will work with you to optimize existing product processes, translate them to remote-friendly workflows.
- Find the job-to-be-done for every feature
- Document context in tickets, commit messages and PRs
- Scope work into semi-autonomous pieces anyone can pick up
Quote about thoughtbot mentorship
Lots of work happens over lunch or by leaning over to ask a question. Without these informal channels, remote teams—especially those with more junior teammates—often struggle to make progress. thoughtbot can work with your team to:
- Provide senior mentorship to junior developers and designers
- Teach effective communication through code
- Facilitate healthy, asynchronous code review processes
- Offer additional asynchronous communications platforms