View all of our openings
Product Design Team Lead in London
We're looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team in London. As a designer at thoughtbot you work with our clients to turn their ideas into great products that people love to use, and then grow them into successful businesses.
Well-qualified candidates will have experience with consulting, and have a proven track record of attracting potential customers.
Design Leadership and Management
- Provide mentorship and support to the Designers in their studio.
- Help Designers continue to grow skills and provide career development support.
- Conduct regular one on ones, reviews and group critique.
- Make sure that Designers are challenged and fulfilled in their work and work to retain the people we have on our team.
- Consistently transparent and highly communicative, both with their team and the rest of the organization.
- Care deeply about the Designers working for them, empathizing with struggles and celebrating accomplishments of their team.
- Design Directors meet all of the expectations for design and consulting skills.
- Seeks out new techniques and tools to improve our design process at thoughtbot and maintain our high standard of work in their studio.
Office growth and sustainability
- Work to grow our design reputation in their studio, attracting great design projects and great teammates.
- Support the Managing Director, with the Development Director, to manage the business and success of the studio.
- Contribute as needed to inbound opportunities and customer success.
- Grow their design team in a sustainable way to match the work done in their studio.
Uphold our company Purpose and Design Team Values
- Demonstrate and uphold our team values both company wide and for the design team. They use these values to form strong opinions about how we design our process and products.
- Pushes themselves and their team to do the best work possible by challenging assumptions and convention.
- Strive for improvement in their own skillsets, the products they work on and the way they work with others.
We work with companies of all stages to help identify and solve problems. At thoughtbot, we’re involved in every step of the process. We lead and participate in product design sprints, create high-quality apps, and then deploy them. We use the latest technologies and are always ready to try new methods on both internal and client projects. Read more about how we work in our Playbook.
We believe there is always a better way to do our work, and we want to find it and share it with as many people as possible. We maintain an inclusive environment where we can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work. Read more about our Purpose and Values.
Our goal is to provide ourselves with the best possible benefits, tools to use, and environments to work in while staying sustainable. We've shared the full details of all our benefits here.
Apply for this position
thoughtbot does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.